Resources for GLBTQQ Youth
and their Allies
Movies and Videos
· Beautiful Thing
· Twilight of the Golds
· Torch Song Trilogy (drama)
· In and Out (comedy)
· Get Real (romance)
· Celluloid Closet
· Object of My Affection
· Trembling Before G-d (documentary) - http://www.tremblingbeforeg-d.com/
· Always My Kid: A Family Guide to Understanding Homosexuality.
1994, 74 minutes. Triangle Video Productions, 550 Westcott, Suite
400, Houston, Texas 77007; 713-869-4477; Fax 713-861-1577.
· Straight from the Heart: Stories of Parents' Journeys
to a New Understanding of their Lesbian and Gay Children. 1994,
26 minutes. Dee Mosbacher, producer. Motivational Media, 8430
Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90069; 800-848-2707.
· Queer Son: Family Journey to Understanding and Love.
1994, 48 minutes. Vickie Seichik, 19 Jackson Street, Cape May,
NJ 08204; 212-929-4199.
Available from GLSEN:
· Out of the Past. 1998, 65 minutes. "Traces the
emergence of Gay men and Lesbians in American history through
the eyes of a young woman coming to terms with herself. Winner:
Sundance Film Festival Audience Award for Best Documentary; Bronze
Apple, National Educational Media Foundation."
· I Know Who I Am...Do You? 1998, 10 minutes. "Documentary
featuring Black and Latino Gay and Lesbian youth successfully
reaching for their goals despite issues of discrimination and
its correlation with teen struggles."
· Straight from the Heart. (See above.)
· All God's Children. 1996, 26 minutes. "Award-winning
documentary chronicling the Black Church's acceptance of African
American lesbians and gays. Includes classroom study guide."
· Teaching Respect for All. 1996, 52 minutes. "Kevin
Jennings, Executive Director of GLSEN, presents a comprehensive
training video dealing with anti-gay bias in schools."
· In the Life: Back to School. 1997, 57 minutes. "Award-winning
public television newsmagazine series. Episode includes segments
on Gay Straight Alliances, supportive Mormon families, youth suicide,
the Ex-Gay movement, and gay youth support services around the
· Lesbian Teenagers in High School. 1998, 23 minutes. "A
documentary about young women's experiences in high school. Touches
on race and homophobia and addresses this issue for students of
· I Just Want to Say. 1998, 13 minutes. "A panel of
parents, students and teachers talk about anti-gay bias in our
schools. Hosted by Martina Navratilova."
· Gay Youth. 1995, 40 minutes. "Details the lives
of two remarkable young people, showing that information, acceptance
and support can make an enormous difference to L/G youth."
· Reaching Out. 1996, 21 minutes. "Contemporary Stories
of LGBT youth are told by the people who live them and the educators
who help them."
· Both of my Moms' Names are Judy. 1994, 11 minutes. "Children
ages 7-11 candidly discussing their families, playground teasing,
and classroom silence."
· It's Elementary: Talking About Gay Issues In School.
1995. 78 minutes. "Real teachers addressing elementary students
on LGBT issues."
If you have an interesting web site, that we did not included
in our list, email us